Gift Card Holder for a Guy

We all know that you can use ribbon on cards for girls right?  Of course, its great for holidays and babies.  You can even squeeze it in on kid's cards now and then.  But how about those cards we need to make for all the guys on our lists?  Today, I'm going to show you that you can.  So grab your 3 Girl JAM Harvest Orange ribbon and come play along.


I wanted to make a little card that I could tuck a gift card into.  I pulled out my Cricut Artiste cartridge from Close To My Heart and cut this little card at 3" using the card feature and the "j" key.  I pulled a brown sheet of 8 1/2" X 11" cardstock from my stash.  Since I had everything loaded, I went ahead and cut 2 cards out at the same time.  Now I have a card to use later.


I pulled a piece of paper from the MME "Fine and Dandy" 6X6 pad and cut a piece at 2 7/8" X 3 7/8" for the back and a piece at 2 7/8" X 3 5/8" for the front.  I then found my "Happy Messages" stamp set from Stampendous and stamped the sentiment using CTMH's Autumn Terracotta pigment ink on a piece of scrap paper from my stash.  I trimmed it close to the sentiment and adhered it to a piece of leftover brown cardstock.  I used the same ink pad to ink around the edges of all the light pieces.

2 small pieces of Harvest Orange 3GJ ribbon were cut and adhered to the front and back of the card with little dots of Glossy Accents and then the decorative paper was adhered over the top of the ribbon using my ATG gun.


To finish off the inside, I tucked a Burger King card into the little cut out pieces.  A small piece of ATG on the back of the card will keep it from slipping.  I inked around the edges of a second piece of scrap paper to give me a place to write my message.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Don't forget that there is an "Anything Goes" challenge over at 3 Girl JAM.  I'm going to link up.

Comments

Lisa said…
What an awesome gift card holder!! I love the paper you used and the colors!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Rhonda Miller said…
This is great. I love the papers. TFS.
3 Girl JAM said…
Love this Cheri! The colors are perfect!

Julie
Beebeebabs said…
Love the card holder thanks for sharing!!!
Unknown said…
Great gift card holder! I will have to remember this idea!
Gloria said…
Fantastic gift card holder!! I need to dust off my Cricut and get busy again!!

Precious Hugs
OmaGloria

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop