Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Welcome to the 3 Girl JAM - Pinque Peacock Bloghop.  If you have hopped over from Scrappin' Madge, you're in the right place.  If you just stopped by to visit my blog today, be sure to start at the beginning with 3 Girl JAM.  There are some great prizes being offered plus you will be able to link up a project as well.  Why?  Because this blog hop also kicks off the current challenge on the 3 Girl JAM Challenge Blog.

 
I am so excited to be sharing my project today because I put a lot of "me" into it.  This is a special project that I made for me and for my family for years to come.  I plan to just give you a list of products I used.  The video will walk you through the book to show you what it's all about.  I've already started writing in my book.  I hope it inspires you to start a Christmas Journal of your own.  Let's get started.


To start with, I grabbed the Winter Bundle from 3 Girl JAM and stick pins from Pinque Peacock.  Of course I needed a LOT of other supplies, so here's the rest of the list:

Composition book
Ink - Ruby from Close To My Heart; Peeled Paint, Frayed Burlap & Festive Berries Distress Ink
Distress Marker - Barn Door
Paper - DCWV - The First Noel; Recollections - Frosty Cabin; Tim Holtz - Holiday Paper Stash; Paper Trey Ink - Kraft
Gesso
Paint - Cardinal Red from Folk Art and Black from JoAnn's
Holiday Inspirations (JoAnn's brand) tissue paper
Embellishments - Fancy Pants "rusted sun" brad; Teresa Collins "Christmas Cottage" flowers, October Afternoon Christmas Journal Cards; Recollections border bling, Scrabble game tiles
Provo Craft deckle and postage stamp scissors
Smash Stamp
Cricut "From My Kitchen" cartridge


I divided my journal into 9 sections.  If you are inspired to make one, these are the divisions that I used:
1. Memories
2. Photos
3. Traditions
4. Recipes
5. Menus
6. Guests
7. Decorations
8. Gifts Given
9. Gifts Received


This video will walk you through the whole journal:


Does this seem like too much work during a busy holiday time?  Don't despair.  I plan to show you 2 simpler versions in the next few days, so keep checking back.

How about some candy?  I have a special little piece of candy to offer to one of you.  To enter, leave a comment below and be a follower.  I will draw a winner using random.Heath sometime on Monday the 10th.  You will get to see the prize when I announce the winner (which means that I don't have it ready yet).

Now it's time to hop along through the rest of the hop.  Your next stop is Jovan.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Here's the rest of the line-up in case you get lost.
1. 3 Girl JAM
2. Heather
3. Abby
4. Carri
5. ScrappinMadge
6. Cheri (You are here)
7. Jovan
8. Jessica
9. Rebecca
10. Gloria
11. Jessica
12. 3 Girl JAM Challenges

I plan to enter this in the following challenges:
My Craft Spot - Merry Christmas 
Scrappy Moms - Christmas 
DL Art - December Holidays
Paper Playtime - Christmas Colors
Decorate to Celebrate - Holiday Choice

Comments

Jillian said…
WOW!! What an awesome project! I just may have to scraplift the idea... :)
Jessica Buffa said…
Cheri, this is wonderful. I see you got your Scrabble letters out for this project...lovely! I adore the way you used the fun Crinkle Ribbon and Pins. Thanks for sharing a picture of your goodies, too!
:O)
Jessica S
Lori Comeau said…
Wowser! I love it. Great video.
I am always so inspired when I visit your blog.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
LOVE your Christmas journal!!! Not only is the journal gorgeous (love that mini music sheet) but Christmas is a great time to write down your reflections as well as your plans for the upcoming year.

scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com
Heather Lynn said…
Cheri,
Your journal is gorgeous! Love how you did the flower, stick pin, ribbon cluster! So lovely! This is a great project idea!! Happy to be in the hop with you today!

Hugs,
HL
Sassy said…
Awesome project... beautiful journal...love the embellished cover... what a great way to record the holidays.
TeresaK said…
I think this is such an amazing project = you will treasure it for years and years! I love the way you used those beautiful stick pins!
Teresa
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com
Beckie said…
Very, very pretty. Super love it!!!

Be blessed, Beckie
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
Your book is beautiful! I am a follower:) bbiswabic@new.rr.com
Sugarlips said…
This is gorgeous!! I love how you used the scrabble tiles on the side. Fabulous job!!
Jovan said…
OMG...I love this! The details are FABULOUS!
Cathy said…
YOUR BOOK IS GORGEOUS! I especially love the front and the use ogf the pins.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com
What a very nice memories book. This will certainly be something to cherish for you and your family. Smooches... frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com
VanessaB said…
beeeeeeeeeaUtiful!!
Salnclts said…
I love your journal and the Scrabble letters on the front! I just became a follower.
angie ashuk said…
Beautiful book. And what a wonderful idea. I love how you split up the sections!!
Unknown said…
Oh my stars... how fun! Love the scrabble tiles down the side and the grouping of embellishments wow! love this. great job.

{loves}
Madge
Jenny said…
I've always been afraid to try this type of project...but you're Tim Holtz type of style is AWESOME! I just love the details and vintage look! Thanks for sharing!
Oh my goodness - what a stunning book - love all the details. Amazing.
BlueCrayons said…
fabulous journal. i am tempted to make one for my niece. thanks
Sherrie K. said…
What a GORGEOUS journal:) I love the scrabble letters and the amazing embellishments:) Beautiful project~TFS!
Beautiful!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
Michelle Dixon said…
love the Scrabble tiles!
shelly said…
fantastic book i love vintage and youve just done a spectacular job on this :)
Lisa said…
This is gorgeous, Cheri!! I love the Christmas tiles!! The details you've added are fabulous!! What a great idea for a Christmas book!! Awesome job my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
DIANA L. said…
This is great! thanks for the video also. I love doing books, mini's you name it I don't do them often but I love to make them and give them away.
Thanks for the fun HOP. Great Design Team inspiration.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday December Holiday challenge.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com


Tanya said…
This turned out fabulous! I love doing notebooks, thanks for the video!
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
Fierypixiedust said…
Cheri- I'd buy a book like this in a heartbeat. This came out so beautifully!!!

-Michelle
cardsbymeechelle.blogspot.com
Cathy Gill said…
The tiles give it an added vintage feel. Nice book.
Unknown said…
Hi Cheri! I am a new follower and I love this journal. It is so pretty with the stick pins. TFS~ Mary M
http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
Lovely project... absolutely gorgeous!!!.. Thanks so much for sharing with us via a video too... and a new follower!!! :))
Rhonda rrandrr@insightbb.com
Unknown said…
Lovely project... absolutely gorgeous!!! Im a new follower!!! Jessica jessica.mayes@insightbb.com
Aim said…
Cheri!! I love love LOVE your journal!! I see what ya mean about putting so much of "you" into it -- It is absolutely FABULOUS!! :) I'm so glad you shared your inspiration...

Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

BIG HUGS,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
and Decorate To Celebrate!
Unknown said…
That is a wonderful project! And yes, it's time consuming, but most likely, when filled with your memories, pictures, and journal scripts, it'll be a SUPER treasure.
jessica said…
This is such a GREAT project!! I LOVE your beautiful color choices and the pins are such a GREAT added touch!!
Awesome job Cheri!!
TFS :)
I love your Christmas book. I made one this year to keep me organized but, yours is way nicer than mine. Yours could be a keepsake for years to come. What a wonderful treasure.
JulieK said…
Your book is beautiful Cheri! You are so creative!
Julie Odil said…
This is fantastic! I am your newest follower.

Missy said…
Wow, very pretty, the stick pins are so, so nice!!!
Norma G. said…
Very cool project, I love all the little details you added!
Edwina said…
Incredible journal! It is gorgeous! Love all the papers and embellishments you used. Thanks for sharing. I am a follower of your blog. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net
Coleen said…
Hi Cheri,

So glad I found you via the blog hop. I'm an American missionary living in Ukraine where I teach/do arts and crafts. I love what you've done here, so pretty. I like the vintage approach too, but mostly I do an art journal and teach.
Following you now. Hope you'll follow on my blog too: www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com
Blessings,
Coleen
Tammy said…
Cheri!!
Wowzers!! Your Christmas journal is out of the ballpark!!! A home run!! You will be so blessed to get to enjoy this and thank you for sharing your inspiration!! Be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
Www.urbeyondmeasure.com
Sherrie K. said…
Like I said earlier...beautiful project!
Thanks so much for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
DTC Guest Designer
Saundra said…
Your project is just gorgeous! I really love all the embellishments and the classic look that you've achieved. Thanks ofr sharing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
So pretty! Those stick pins add so much to your project! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com
marg0006 said…
What a great looking journal and the pins are such an elegant touch.

marg0006 at verizon dot net
Penny L. said…
oh, my goodness! this is incredible, but far above my talent level. I'll keep an eye out for your "simpler versions" you have coming. Hats off to you on such a great project!
Kathy Salido said…
Great project. Love the scrabble tiles and the stick pins.
Kathy
Salido99@msn.com
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/
Great journal! Nice details and bling! So happy to be hopping along with the team! Carri~Abusybee
Kate said…
Fabulous journal! The details are super!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper
Your Christmas journal is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

- Mel

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Monster Mash Blog Hop