Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Let's Got Those Stamps Organized!

Welcome to my 3 Girl JAM post.  Did yesterday's post inspire you to get your stamps organized?  If you missed the post, please click here.  Now that the stamps have been all stored alphabetically, I needed a way to be able to find what I have.  This video (click here) started me on the process of getting organized.  I won't lie and say it was easy.  Indeed, it took a lot of time to get this set up the way I wanted it, but I am so pleased with the results.  I should be able to utilize what I already have now that I can quickly find those images.  So without further ado, here is my organizer:




Of course I needed a few supplies to get started:
3 Girl JAM "Antique White" ribbon which can be found by clicking here.
DCWV - Lavender Chateau Mat Stack
Chipboard
2 large rings
PaperTrey Ink - vintage cream card stock
Archival black ink
White card stock (lots and lots)
Lavender card stock
Crop-A-Dile and eyelets
Cricut - From My Kitchen project
Alpha Mini stamps by Megan Elizabeth



Here is the video that walks you through the steps:


The final project is this lovely little area in my crafty space.  Now when I am looking for a particular birthday stamp, I can just go through the "Birthday" section in my organizer and it will point me to the right stamp set to get out.

"So what's next?", you might ask.  Well, I still have a little bit to finish this off.  The next big step in organization for me is to get my wooden stamps all taken apart and placed on cling mount.  I think that project will likely have to wait until after Christmas though.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

7 comments:

Christina said...

Cheri,
Thanks for sharing your link with me. I love what you did with your album and how you have your stamps organized. Hugs, Christina

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

beautiful and such a great idea!! are you microwaving your wooden stamps?? My mom has to do that yet with all heer wooden stamps!!
Kristan

Cheri said...

That's a really good idea Kristan. I'll have to try that. Christina, thanks for the inspiration.

jessica said...

What a GREAT idea!!!

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the idea, Cheri!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

BloomingPink said...

Oh my goodness...the dismantling of the wood mounted rubber! What an abomination! (just teasing but I could never do that to mine....I love them too much lolol)

What great organization. I'm too afraid to show ANYONE my crafting space(s) {yes plural}. I would get submitted to one of those hoarder shows for sure!

OmaGloria said...

Fantastic organization!! I really like your book to flip through!

Precious Hugs
OmaGloria