Tuesday, November 6, 2012

How Do I Store My Stamps?

Hello every one.  I have a special project to share with you today.  I have been having difficulty keeping track of my stamps.  Does anyone else have that problem?  This is actually the first in a 2-part series on stamp organization.  After watching several YouTube videos and asking advice from the 3 Girl JAM design team, this is the system I finally came up with to work for me.  I am really pleased with the way that it turned out.  I had a plan that I could work with when I was directed this idea by Sarah Hamer Designs.  I took my original plan and added the card stock dividers similar to her tutorial to create my system.  I ended up going from this mess...


To this...

I picked up the smaller basket from a thrift store for $1 I think and had to order 1 package of 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" dividers.  I had everything else on hand.  I'd say that is a pretty good start, wouldn't you?  Please watch the video to see exactly how made the dividers and why I chose to use page protectors.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to check back on Thursday for part 2 of this project.  Have a great day and remember to...

Take time to enjoy the little things.

4 comments:

Heather Lynn said...

Looking like a great storage system for your stamps, Cheri! Hope you are enjoying your day!

Hugs,
HL

Lisa said...

Wow, you are so organized!! I have mine in binders any way I can fit them!! What a great idea...if I can ever find some spare time, I'll give this a try!! Have a great day my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

JulieK said...

This is great Cheri! You did a fabulous job! Now come over to my house and do mine :)

Naomi Edwards said...

This is so awesome, I have to pick up page protectors and get this project started!!! You did an amazing job and thank you so much for the video tutorial!!! eeeek!