Get Whale Soon Card


I wanted to make this quick card yesterday for a sick little girl.  I only had a few minutes to make it.  I would add something to the top of the card if I had a little more time to put it together to add interest to the top.  Here's what you need:
Supplies:
Cardstock - 2-3 shades of pink
Pink patterned paper
Black piece of cardstock
Blue piece of cardstock
Cupcake Twine from The Twinery
Black inkpad
Tools:
Create-a-Critter Cricut cartridge
K. Andrew Designs - "Splashtastic Summer" stamp set
Let's Get Started:
Cut your card base to 8 1/2"X 5 1/2".  Fold in half.  Cut the layers of the whale at 3" using the Create-a-Critter Cricut cartridge.  I cut "layer 1" 2 times - once in pink and once in blue.  I adhered the blue layer to the black layer.  I then cut the water spout off the top of of the pink "layer 1" so that you could see the water spout.  The only part of the "blue layer 1" you see is the water spout.  Then adhere "layer 2".  Make a bow for her head from the twine.  I believe I cut the piece of patterned paper at 3" high by 4 1/4" wide (I can't remember the height).  Adhere it to the top of the card.  Stamp your sentiment with black ink.  Cut a small slit in the outer edge of the card fold to wind more twine around the bottom of the card.  Add the whale to the card using foam dimensional adhesive.

The Splashtastic Summer stamp set from K. Andrew Designs is so versatile and goes very well with Create-a-Critter.  You could make many different cards using these together.

 
Click on the stamped image to purchase these and other great stamps.  Remember that a portion of the proceeds are donated to charity and that all the stamps are made in the USA.
Thanks for stopping by today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop