Leftovers

I think the best part of all the food on Thanksgiving is all of the leftovers.  In fact, I like the things I make from leftover turkey better than I like the original turkey.  I decided to post what I made for dinner tonight with leftover turkey.  Now I will warn you that I don't measure the ingredients.  I go by what looks right.  I will try to "guestimate" the amounts I used.
Ingredients:
Left over turkey or chicken - chopped (I'm guessing I used 5-6 cups)
Sour Cream - large dollop (1/3 c?)
Large can of green chili enchilada sauce
1 package of tortillas
1 package of shredded cheese - (I used the value pack that was about 9.5oz of the Mexican variety)
Directions:
Heat oven to 375.  Pour enough of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a casserole dish to coat the bottom of the pan.  Mix the turkey, sour cream and a handful of cheese together.  Add enough of the enchilada sauce to moisten the mixture but you don't want it too wet or soupy.  Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 30-60 seconds to make them flexible.  Place part of the turkey mixture into each tortilla and roll it and place into the pan.  Once the pan is full.  Pour more enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled enchiladas (I would guess about 1 cup here).  Sprinkle more cheese over the top of the enchiladas and bake until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.  Mine probably took 20-30 minutes.

This filled the pan as well a a tiny pan that I put in the freezer for a day when I'm at work.  When I freeze these, I add a little extra sauce so that the enchiladas aren't dry when they are thawed and cooked.  I freeze them before baking them so all my family will need to do is thaw, bake, and serve.

What are some things you like to do with leftovers?

Comments

Deborah O. said…
Looks yummy! I make this with chicken often! I have never added sour cream though, wanna try that! I like the classic, cold turkey sandwich, a nice cold piece of cold turkey by itself, or turkey pot pie... I've never made the latter but my mother in law does every year after Thanksgiving. :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop