Best Dishes Cookbook - Master Supply and Tools list

Over the next several days, the instructions for my latest book will be posted.  This book is very special to me because it is for my precious sister Darlene.  Darlene is planning to be married this summer and my sister Esther is hosting a shower for her today.  Each shower guest was asked to bring a recipe to share with Darlene and Michael.  Esther then asked me to make a book.  I am planning for this to post at the same time the shower is supposed to start.  I had to get it in the mail and didn't get my recipes done in time.  I'll have to send them later.

I love you NeNe and wish I could be there for you today.

Each post will list the supplies and tools needed to complete that part of the book.  However, I wanted you to have a master list of the supplies I used at the beginning of the project in case you want to follow along.  It may seem like you need a lot of supplies, but you may have many things on hand that would work.

4X6 photo refills from Walmart


Supplies:
Adhesives - spray, ATG, dimensional, glue dots, mini glue dots
American Crafts Specialty Ribbon (velvet and shimmery organza - terra cotta color, yellow organza)
Binder rings (2") - 3
Card stock -  black, blue (country), blue (light), brown, brown (light), green, green (light), green (lime) grey, orange, orange (dark), orange (light), pink, red, tan, white, yellow, yellow (dark), yellow (pale) -from stash
Charm (from Walmart jewelry making section, "Cousins" brand) - heart (1lg. & 1sm.)
Chipboard  -2 pieces cut at 7.5" X 9.5"
Color Box chalk ink - Creamy Brown, Chestnut Roan
Color Box pigment ink - Evergreen
DCWV Nana's Kitchen and Cotton Bloom stacks
Excelsior black ink pad
Eyelets (3/16")- black round (3), green round (3), red flower (6), white flower (12), yellow circle (6)
Photo Refills (4 packages)*
Ribbon - yellow with polka dots (1/8' wide), black organza (5/8"), baking specialty ribbon (1/2"), brown with polka dots
Stickles - icicle, silver, yellow
Tim Holtz alcohol inks - Terra Cotta, Bottle, Denim
Tim Holtz embellishments - trinket pin (3), large key ("love"), swivel clasp with chain (lg.), muse trinket ("lifetime")
Uniball white gel pen
Zig black 2-way pen

Tools:
ATG adhesive runner
Corner Rounder
Cricut
Cricut Cartridges - "From My Kitchen"
Cricut Cartridge - "Just Because Cards"
Eyelet setter
Paper trimmer
Rubberstamp - "Handmade By"
Scoreboard and bone folder
Scissors
Tim Holtz ink applicator tool
Xyron 1.5" and 2.5" sticker makers


*IMPORTANT FIRST STEP - These photo sheets are stacked vertically with 3 holes in the left side.  Each page is just over 12" tall.  I cut the top photo slot from each sheet, being careful to leave the seam on the top of the sheet so the recipe won't come out (I saved the tops for now in case I need the leftover plastic for some future project).  Since that left only 2 holes in the side of each page, I punched a 3rd hole between the others so that I would have the stability of 3 rings.  I then removed the paper inserts from each photo section so that when the recipe is slid into the slot, it can be read on the front and the back without removing the card.  This step is so important because all my measurements and hole placements are based off the size of these sheets.  The cover and inside pages will be larger than the photo sheets, so be very careful that the holes are centered on each sheet individually.  At the same time, they need to be kept at the same distance apart and the same margin as the photo sheets.  It's not as hard as it may sound if you just keep everything centered.  Don't give up yet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop