Happy Resurrection Day

I think that today is my favorite day of the year.  Sure, I love Christmas and the message of the tiny Babe who came to earth to die for my sins.  However, my salvation can only be complete because that Babe grew up, died to save me, and then rose again.  I have felt the excitement of this day building for the last few days.

When my alarm went off this morning, I was greeted with the following words:
"See what a morning gloriously bright
With the dawning of hope in Jerusalem."
Now I was already awake, but I wanted to listen to the rest of the song before turning off the alarm.  A later phrase states: "Death is dead, love has won, Christ has conquered".

Yes, my Savior conquered death.  As you celebrate Easter today, remember the real reason we celebrate.  Its not about eggs and bunnies.  Its not about camping or even spring.  Its about Christ, conqueroring death to save you and to save me!
Happy Easter from the Parishes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop