When making this book, I decided to put the categories in alphabetical order. From there I tried to choose paper to match the type of food the page would represent. In some cases, this was very simple. In others, it was more complicated. Nana's Kitchen is not double sided paper, so I chose 2 different papers for each page/section divider. This also made each divider sturdier. I did not embellish the back side of the page because I wanted to avoid the extra bulk that would create. I also did not adhere the front to the back until the front was completely embellished.
On to page 1...
DCWV Nana's Kitchen - 2 pieces of paper from the stack; "Food, Family, Fun" phrase from phrases page in the stack
Card stock - pink, red, yellow, green, white (from stash)
3/16" Eyelets - yellow round
American Crafts Ribbon - yellow organza
Color Box "Creamy brown" chalk ink
Zig black 2-way pen
Cricut "From My Kitchen" cartridge
ATG adhesive runner
Xyron 1.5" and 2.5" sticker makers
Scoreboard and bone folder
1. Cut the 2 pieces of coordinating paper to 7" X 9.5". Set the back (pink plaid) aside. Mark the placement of your holes with a pencil to avoid placing embellishments where holes will be placed. Cut out the phrase "Food, Fun, Family" from the phrases page in the stack. Mat on light pink card stock and trim to form a mat. Set piece aside.
2. The following chart will help with the Cricut cuts. You will be using "From My Kitchen" for this page.
Page # Feature Button Size Paper
34 "shift" "words" 1.75" pink card stock (cut 3 times)
34 "tabs" 3.75" pink card stock
51 apron 3" pink card stock
51 "shift" 3" red card stock
51 "shift" "layers" 3" yellow, green, and white
51 "layers" 3" white, red card stock
3. Apron - Ink all the pieces of the apron with creamy brown chalk ink. Using the sticker makers, turn all the pieces except for the base of the apron into stickers. Adhere the pieces together forming your apron. Use the Zig Black pen to draw the stem and the apple seeds on the apple. Adhere to your page using dimensional adhesive.
4. Cut a piece of the yellow ribbon long enough to cross the front of the page and adhere the tails to the back of the page with tape. Be sure to avoid the area where your holes will go.
5. Turn all 3 "appetizer" words into stickers and stack on each other to give them added dimension. Chalk the edges with creamy brown chalk ink. Adhere sticker over the ribbon.
6. Chalk the edges of the "Food, Fun, Family" mat with creamy brown chalk ink. Adhere to the page using dimensional adhesive.
7. Using the ATG tape runner, apply a liberal amount of adhesive to the wrong side of the pink plaid paper that was set aside. Adhere the completed front of the page to the back of the page.
8. Tab - Using your scoreboard and bone folder, score and fold your tab on the center line. Write the word "Appetizers" on the front of the tab and adhere to the top of the page.
9. Using your eyelet setter, cut holes and set 3 eyelets in the left hand margin of your page.