Altered Letter

Good morning everyone.  My favorite type of challenge is an "Anything Goes" challenge because it lets me pair a current project with a challenge.  That is exactly what I did when I made this fun project.  I had signed up for a swap and it fit perfectly with today's 3 Girl JAM "Anything Goes with Ribbon" challenge.


My swap partner likes red, bling, diva, and steampunk.  Finding a way to meld these things together was a challenge all by itself.  I hope I was able to pull it off.


I started with a large black letter from Hobby Lobby (13" or so) and adhered lace from my stash with Mod-podge.  Despite the fact that the letter looks upside down, it is the correct direction based on the pre-cut hole on the back of the letter.


Other supplies:
3 Girl JAM ribbon - Tuxedo Black, Sterling, Dress White
Scor-Tape and cardstock scraps for the base of the flowers
Hot glue
3 different types of black trim from Walmart and Joann's
Recollections and Creative Charms bling
Tim Holtz mini gears
Folk Art - Cardinal Red acrylic paint

The video walks you through the steps I took in the project.


I am linking this to the following challenge:
Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.  Be sure to link up your anything goes with ribbon project below.

Comments

Lisa said…
It looks gorgeous!! You decorated it beautifully!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Deborah said…
Soo pretty! Makes me want to do one! Great job!
Brie Groth said…
I love this. You did an amazing job. It looks even better in person then on the video. Thanks so much, I enjoyed being your partner.
Emily Leiphart said…
So pretty, Cheri! I love your altered letter. I don't think the B looks upside down but you've also balanced it nicely with the lace trim and flowers. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop