Altered Scrapbook Sketch Card

Today I have something to share with you that I've never tried before.  I took a scrapbook sketch and turned into a standard A2 card sketch.  I love the way it turned out and hope you will too.


I started by choosing a sketch that was originally posted on Srapbook Challenges.  If you click on the sketch, you will be taken to the original sketch.  They have lots of fun sketches for all you scrapbookers.


I then created my own sketch to make it fit on a standard 4.25" X 5.5" card.  Each of the banner ribbons were cut  at 3/8" wide.


Now it was time to create the card.  I needed the following supplies to pull it off:
DCWV - The Tradewinds Matstack
Core'dinations "Timeless" Textured Cardstock (grey)
Georgia Pacific white cardstock
Stampendous "Happy Messages" stamps
Close To My Heart - Outdoor Denim ink
Fiskars "Upper Crest" border punch
EK Success 1 3/8" circle punch
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
After the video, I decided to add a scrap of lace that I found on my desk from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  It was the perfect size to add a special touch in the corner.  I just tied a knot in the middle of the lace and glued it on with a little Tombow Mono Adhesive.


Of course the inside needed to be finished as well so I grabbed the Martha Stewart 3 butterfly punch and punched out a few butterflies in the scraps from the front.  These butterflies were used to mimic the butterfly from the Tradewinds matstack on the front of the card.


I hope you will find the video to be helpful and interesting.
Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Lisa said…
This is gorgeous, Cheri!! I love your take on the sketch!! The papers are so awesome!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop