Vintage Truck Birthday Card


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  This card is very late, but I think the person I'm sending it to will like it anyway.  It was so fun to design and make.

With the exception of the Vintage Cream card stock from Paper Trey Ink, all the other paper is from my scrap stash.  Other items I used:
Close to My Heart - Make it Count stamp set
Hampton Art/ 7 Gypsies Stamp - "You're not old..."
Tim Holtz - Playful Journey
Tim Holtz - Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Archival ink - black
Versamark
White embossing powder
3 blue buttons
"Cappuccino" twine from the Twinery

If you watch the video, you will be able to see the inside of the card.  After the video, scroll to the bottom of the post to see how I altered the envelope.



To finish off the envelope, I inked around the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.  I then inked the vintage truck with the same ink and stamped off the image onto a scratch piece of paper.  Without re-inking the stamp, I stamped the image in the corner of the envelope.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  See you soon.



Comments

CRAZY4 CHRIST said…
This is very cool!! Love how you stamped the faded image on the envelope!!
Kristan
D- said…
Love your card, Love the colors. TFS.
dmcardmaker (at AOL)
(email follower)
Lisa said…
This is so awesome, Cheri!! I love that old jalopy stamp and the torn edges look fabulous!! Have a great week my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Nana Diane said…
Love the card! I may have told you before, but I struggle with ideas for masculine cards, so this is great! Thanks! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop