Altered Chalk Board

Happy Thursday everyone.  I hope you are having a great day.  I have looked forward to today for awhile now.  Not only do I get the chance to share a fun new project using 3 Girl Jam products, but today is day 1 of 3 days off from work.  Woo Hoo for days off!

If school hasn't started where you live, it likely will soon.  How about a project to commemorate the new school year?   Today's project has a dual purpose.  The first one is that this is for 3 Girl Jam.  The other purpose is for a swap over at CraftHappens.net.

The requirements for this swap were pretty simple.  You are to do a back to school project and you are supposed to include a Bingo card in that project.  I've never really played much Bingo (and never the gambling kind), but I thought this project sounded like fun.

I started my project using 3 Girl Jam Mistletoe and Holly Berry ribbon.  I added a few vintage buttons (also from 3 Girl Jam), some thread, and viola...


...you have some pretty little flowers.  To make them, I sewed a simple basting stitch along one edge of the Holly Berry ribbon and then gathered the ribbon, sewing it in the back to form a flower.  I then tacked a piece of Mistletoe to the back of the flower to make a leaf and sewed a vintage button for the center of the flower.  This was a great start to my final project.  I learned how to make these flowers on a YouTube video.  I am posting the link at the bottom of today's project.



Other items that you might need include:
Bingo Cards from BMuse
Graphic 45 paper - An ABC Primer
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo and Black Soot
Basic Grey letter stickers
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo stickles
Mod Podge


Interested in the rest of the steps to make this fun project?  Watch the video below for more tips.  Be sure to stop by on Friday for the Monster Mash Blog Hop.  Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day.  See you soon.

Flower Tutorial link.

Comments

CRAZY4 CHRIST said…
Love those flowers wish I knew how to sew(everytime I try the machine jams up on me)I guess I could try hand sewing!! Great project. Have a great time off work!!
Kristan
D- said…
LOVE IT!
Now I have an idea for my school secretaries. TFS.
dmcardmaker (at AOL)
(email follower)
Lisa said…
This is so awesome, Cheri!! I love the look of the altered chalkboard and the flowers are fabulous!! What a great project!! I hope you enjoy your days off :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
JulieK said…
I LOVE this project Cheri! Such a great idea! Your flowers are always fabulous- I need some lessons from you. :0)
Jessica Buffa said…
Cheri, it is such a pleasure to be on a DT with you. Your work is amazing. Love all the fun tutorials you offer all the time. Gorgeous job on those beautiful flowers!
:O)
Jessica S
3GJ DT Sister

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop