"You're Not Old" Birthday Card

Hello everyone.  Today I have a new card to show you.  I made this card for my mother-in-law's 80th birthday.  Now that I have the Forever Young Cricut cartridge, I knew it had to be used for this special card.  Paired up with the 7 Gypsies/ Hampton Art stamp set, the perfect vintage card was created.  MME's Stella and Rose collection (Mable papers) finishes this little card off with a real vintage feel.


 I also used a black jewel From Creative Charms for the center of the flower at her waist, flowers from Studio G held together with a brad from Fancy Pants, Vintage Cream card stock from Paper Trey Ink, and Wild Honey Distress ink.  The plaid paper was from my stash and "Happy Birthday" is from TPC Studio.



If you're interested in the little video:


Have a great day!  I'll see you soon with more fun projects.  There's a lot scheduled over the next few weeks.

Comments

Diane Dupont said…
Very cute card! The floral paper reminds me of 70's wallpaper. :-) I've noticed you use a lot of Tim Holtz distress inks. Is there a reason you favor this ink? I like getting the Stampin' Up pads, because I can get a refill for the pad. (However, I don't have many colors, because it is a little pricey.)
Unknown said…
oh, so cute. I love anything vintage.
Lisa said…
What a beautiful card, Cheri!! The papers are gorgeous!! Love the vintage feel!! Happy birthday to your MIL!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Cheri said…
Diane,
Why Distress Pads? There's actually quite a few reasons that I enjoy them.
1. Price - I can usually get them relatively inexpensively either on sale or with a coupon.
2. Match-ability - There are several other "inky" items that match them: Distress stains, markers, stickles...
3. Unique properties - they are so versatile. You can create a water-color effect, you can spray them with water, and so much more. Tim Holtz has quite a few videos showing off these properties.
Diane Dupont said…
Okay, thanks!
Cheri said…
You're welcome Diane.

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop