Mommy Quotes

Yesterday, a friend posted on Facebook how she has mommy phrases that she never never thought she would say.  You know, phrases like, "petrified wood does not belong up your nose".  This made me think about a cute project idea.  I called it "Mommy Quotes".  Now my kids are getting old enough that there shouldn't be many more of those phrases in my life (I HOPE!!!).  I'll just have to settle on giving books to my friends whose kids are young.

Supplies:
DCWV Cotton Bloom Stack
Yellow, Pink, Navy Paper and "Cherished Memories" ribbon from my stash
Gray letter paper (for book pages) from my stash
Your Story Glue Strips and other adhesives
Tools:
Cricut Expression
Your Story
Paper Trimmer
Microsoft Word font - Comic Sans MS 20 pt
Score board and bone folder

Let's Get Started -
Cut a 12" X 6" piece of card stock for your book cover.  Score 5 7/8" from either end.




Apply glue strip to the inside of the spine.






Cut the pages for the inside of your book to measure 5 1/2" X 5 1/2".








Place cut pages into the cover and bind following the manufacturer's instructions.  I usually run my projects through the binder twice to be sure that the pages are glued in well.  (This picture is of the second time.  I did them individually the first.)





You now have your blank book (or 2 books).




Print your caption on a piece of yellow paper.  Cut to 3 1/4" high X 5 1/8" wide.  Only leave 1/2" below the phrase and the rest of the margin above the phrase.  Cut a 1" X 5 1/8" strip of coordinating sold color paper. Adhere your piece of ribbon to the strip, taping the ends behind the strip.  Adhere above the phrase.


Using the shadow feature on the Simply Sweet Cricut cartridge, cut the title out of yellow paper at 1".  Turn off the shadow feature and cut the same title out of the coordinating paper (navy and pink).  Adhere letters to each other.  Adhere your title and your subtitle to the front of your book.


I chose to leave the inside pages blank.  I wanted to leave the option for the special mommy to write the phrase on each page and then to be able to either write out the story or put in a picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop