Friday, May 17, 2013

Piles of Circles Cards

Hello everyone.  I trust you are having a great day.  Today I have chosen a card that was inspired by another card.  Once again, I saw the original in a tutorial from Operation Write Home.  As soon as I saw this card, I loved the design and knew it would be a perfect use of scraps.  I made my design after looking at the picture once, so it obviously isn't an exact copycat.  I hadn't even looked at the original post so I don't know the sizes she used.  If you would like to check out the original post, please click here.

If you watch the video, I focused on making the following card:


At the end of the video I added a bonus card.  This is one of my favorite recent cards.

I used the following supplies to make these 2 cards:
Thank You - Scraps from My Mind's Eye - "Fine and Dandy"
Martha Stewart - 1" circle punch
Hero Arts - "All Occasion Messages" stamp set
White embossing powder
Versamark Ink
Washi tape from Target
Coredinations "Krafty" cardstock
White Gelly Roll pen
Happy Birthday Card

Happy Birthday - Scraps from My Mind's Eye - "So Sophie"
Martha Stewart 1" circle punch
Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry ink
Paper Trey Ink - Vintage Cream caardstock
3 Girl JAM - Witch's Brew
CTMH - stamp set from Artiste or Art Philosophy set

I hope you enjoy the video which you can get by clicking here.

I will be linking up to the Boot Camp at OWH which you can see here.

Thanks for stopping by.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

2 comments:

Paula S. said...

I agree that Samantha's design is a great one to CASE when ypu have coordinated scraps in your pile. I particularly like the way your purple version came out. The ribbon lands in the Rule of Thirds sweet spot and te use of the open white space makes a nice frame for the sentiment. Thanks for playing along in the May Bootcamp!

Lisa said...

Both cards are so gorgeous, Cheri!! I love the papers you used and the designs!! Happy Saturday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts