Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sympathy Card

Hello again everyone.  I normally try to have a happy, upbeat project to share, but there's more to life than happiness.  There are sad times too.  One of the things I hope that I can always do with my cards is to bless someone else.  This card was designed for that reason.


I love the simple elegance of black and cream.  Antique White 3 Girl JAM ribbon adds that final perfect.  I decided not to add anything to the front of the card except paper and ribbon and to just keep it simple.  I also used:

DCWV - La Creme Matstack - 2 pieces cut at 5.25"X4" (one for the patterned base of the front of the card and a second one for the inside of the card); one piece cut at 5" X 2 ")
Archival ink - Jet Black
ATG adhesive
Black cardstock base from my stash (8.5" X 5.5" - score at 4.5")
K. Andrew Designs - "Sympathetic Sayings" stamp set

That's it.  Super simple!  The sentiment is tucked into the inside of the card.



Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a great day and remember to enjoy the little things today.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It's elegant and beautiful, Cheri!! The papers are so pretty!! Sympathy cards are the hardest to make...you did a fabulous job!! Happy Thursday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts