Back to School Treat Boxes

Now that we've learned how to appropriately use Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 (TBBM2), lets move on to a fun project.  If you live in the US and are on a traditional school schedule, your kids are back in school.  When we first began homeschooling our children, we started school at the same time as the schools in our area.  We also followed their holiday schedule as nearly as possible.  However, in the last few years, we have changed and waited until after Labor Day to start and have become a bit more flexible with our holiday scheduling as well.

Since we have been at this for so long, and the kids are in high school, we don't have to buy as many school supplies.  However, who doesn't love new pencils. (OK so maybe I'm a little weird, but one of the little things I enjoy is a new set of pens, to do lists, pretty notebooks...)  They're not too interested in color crayons though.  I decided that I needed a fun way to give them a few little things and these little boxes are what I came up with.

For Elise

TBBM2- Fry box cut at 10 inches (it takes 2 sheets of paper)
Paper - We R Memory Keepers
Tag - also from TBBM2 cut at 3" out of scraps
3 Girl Jam Crinkle ribbon - Ice Blue and Hot Chocolate
Brown 1/4" ribbon from Gifts International

For Heath

Yellow paper from my stash (again 2 sheets and cut at 10")
Scrap of paper from scrap stash (DCWV Cotton Bloom ?)
3GJ ribbon - Ice Blue and A Limited Edition color
Tag vut at 3" (TBBM2)

I made this one for my mother-in-law who is helping the kids this year by teaching them some of their classes.
Black cardstock (I think I cut this at 6")
Paper from Graphic 45 - An ABC Primer
Tag at 3" (TBBM2)
3GJ Ribbon (Holly Berry & Tuxedo)

The video also shows a couple of little things I made to tuck inside the kids' boxes, so be sure to check that out as well.


I am linking this to:
Thanks for stopping by today.  Check back soon for some more great projects.  In the meantime:

Take time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

CRAZY4 CHRIST said…
Very cute idea!! Love that each one is different!!
Kristan
Migdalia said…
Super Cute treat boxes!!!TFS
Lisa said…
These are so awesome, Cheri!! I love the papers you used!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Holly Young said…
super cute!!!!!!!!!! they look so bright and fun!

thanks for joining us at PTT this week!

Holly PTT DT

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop