Back to School Themed Card

Good morning everyone.  Today is the first day of school for my kids.  My daughter is starting her Senior year and my son his Freshman.  My babies are definitely growing up.  I wanted to make a simple card to send with the altered chalkboards that I made last week for a swap at Craft Happens.  If you missed these, you can click here (altered chalk board).



I used some of the paper left over from my project and added one of the nursery rhyme squares.  Easy!  The card base was cut at 4" X 8" and scored in the middle.  The black margin around the nursery rhyme square gives it a matted look.  Nothing else was required.

Since the paper is double sided, it really didn't take much to finish the inside.  I cut a piece of Kraft cardstock from Paper Trey Ink that I found in my scraps.  I believe it was cut into a 3 3/4" square.  It was adhered down and then some postage stamps and a flashcard from the paper pack (An ABC Primer) finished it off.  I don't think the whole card took 10 minutes to make.  It was a great enclosure card.  This is just a little example of how layering great papers together can give you a fun card.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a super day.

Comments

Lisa said…
This is so adorable!! I love the nursery rhyme!! What an awesome card, Cheri!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop