More Christmas Tags

No, I'm not getting tired of tags and I hope you're not yet either.  I have made so many tags this year and may make one more - just to go over the top with it.  I decided not to make a video of these and just enter them here.  I hope you enjoy these 4 tags.



I made this first tag using the Cricut Imagine "Santa's Village" cartridge. It is one of the images under the icon feature and I cut it out at 2.5".  I then added a piece of red twine from Martha Stewart.  Outlining the outer edge design with Candy Cane Stickles gave it a little extra punch of color and glitz.  Voila and we're done!


I used purchased tags for the other three tags.  Lets talk about that for a second.  Homemade doesn't have to mean that you made every element of the tag.  The tags pictured above show a variety of tags that I have currently stashed away.  Now the two sets of white tags that are wrapped in yellow ribbon are tags that I mis-cut for a project over a year ago.  I just saved them so I would have them on hand.  The rest of the tags were purchased at either Walmart or office supply stores.  They are fairly inexpensive and are nice to have on hand if you need them in a pinch.  I purchased the manilla tags as I found it very difficult to find manilla paper and I really wanted them to be manilla.


These two little tags were even easier to make than the Imagine tag when I used the Avery marking tags.  I used Festive Berries distress ink to ink around the edges and added a piece of Maraschino twine from the Twinery.  I then added a small Christmas sticker by Susan Branch that I had in my stash.  This set is old, and I don't know if it's still available.  This tiny little tag would fit on small gifts quite nicely.


An Avery #5 manilla tag was used for this one.  I pulled my joyful song stamp set by Tim Holtz, Frayed Burlap and Festive Berries distress inks and a red checked ribbon by Holiday Inspirations (from Joann's).  I stamped the music score stamp from the set several times using Frayed Burlap.  I then stamped the sentiment over the top with Festive Berries and inked around the tag edges using the same ink.  A ribbon through the hole completed this fairly simple tag.

I saved my favorite tag in this set for last.  Using Frayed Burlap and the background stamp, I created a background for the angel.  I also inked around the edges of the tag with Frayed Burlap.  The angel was stamped using Vintage Photo.  A piece of cream colored ribbon by Celebrations (Michael's brand) finished it off.

Each of these tags was very easy to make.  I love the personal touch they will add to this year's Christmas presents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop