Mommy Quotes 2

Today has been a very productive day.  All of the laundry is done (and most is folded and put away).  The kitchen is cleaner and a crockpot full of spaghetti sauce was made with the leftovers frozen.  We also sent out a mailing for the mission.

Tonight I attended a baby shower for a co-worker.  She is expecting a little girl and I found a beautiful little dress for her, but I wanted to add a little handmade item with it.  It was time to pull out the "Mommy Quote" book again.  I ended up making 3 books by the time I was finished.  I will not go into the details on it as that was done in an earlier post (Mommy Quotes).  However, I wanted to let you know about some changes I made from the last post.



One of the things that had frustrated me about using the YourStory, was that I was limited to a book that was less than 6" because the largest paper I had was 12".  I solved this problem by purchasing 12X24" paper by the Paper Studio.  For today's books, I cut the paper to 17 1/2" X 6".  It was scored at 8 5/8" and again at 8 7/8" and the glue strip placed inside the channel.  This allowed me to cut 8.5X11" paper in half and not have any waste.

The other difference is that I used the Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge to cut the mat for the subtitle.  I have been looking for this cartridge for a while and was finally able to purchase it at a price I was willing to pay.  Today was the first time that I used it and it is great!  The <hearts1> mat on page 26 was cut at 4.25" and placed on the right side of the front cover.

If you would like more information on this book, see the previous post.  Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop