Butterflies in a Jar Card

I am so excited that Joann's has opened in my town!  The first weekend they were opened, they had their Cricut cartridges on sale.  "Kate's ABC's" was on my wish list and they had it!  I made this card using it and "Just Because Cards".  I made this card for a college graduate.  I believe the concept of the butterfly correlates to this new graduate who is being changed by God to be what He wants her to be.  I chose pink because it is the graduate's favorite color.

Supplies:
Cardstock - pink, lavender, brown, burgundy, 2 shades of green (from my stash)
Paper - Soft tints pink gingham 12X12" (Hot Off the Press)
Adhesive - (I used ATG, Xyron 1.5" and 2.5", glue dots)
Pink Ribbon (from my stash)
Tools:
Cricut
Cricut - Just Because Cards
Cricut - Kate's ABC's
Martha Stewart Scoreboard and Bone Folder
Instructions:
Using the "Fit to page" function, cut the envelope from page 70 out of the soft tints pink gingham.  This forms a 6 1/4" envelope.
Score and assemble the envelope.
Using pink cardstock, cut the card base on page 45 from "Just Because Cards" at 6 1/4".  Using the "shift" function at the same size on page 45, cut the scalloped frame from the soft tints pink gingham paper.  Score and fold card.  Adhere scalloped frame to the center of the card base.
Cut the jar and all its layers from page 45 of "Kate's ABC's at 3". You will need the brown, lavender, burgundy, and 2 different green colored pieces of cardstock for this step.  Adhere to the front of the card.
***I have to insert here how great the book for this cartridge is designed.  It is simple to determine which keys will cut which pieces based on the colored pictures.  This is a great improvement and I hope Provo Craft keeps the format this simple on future cartridges.***
Using "Kate's ABC's", cut a burgundy 1/2" letter using the shadow feature ("M" is the first initial for the recipient of this card, so I used page 57).  Adhere to a small lavender square and attach to the upper left corner of the scalloped frame.  Tie a pink bow and adhere to the bottom right corner of the scalloped frame with a glue dot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop