Re-making Cards Found Online and In Magazines



I love to take examples of cards and switch them up to make my own.  This card came from the Close To My Heart Seasonal Expressions 1 2015 book.  You can find the original card on page 27.  I just found different paper, added an extra white border and took away the sequins.  Viola!  A fun card to share.  One of the best things about this card is that you can use up scraps or use both sides of the same sheet of paper.  There are so many possibilities from this one simple sketch.

Getting ideas from others is a great way to increase your own creativity.  I find that when I play with someone else's sketch or idea, I come up with my own ideas to add to it.  Of course, we have to be careful not to take credit for someone's work.

So I thought about how I could take this basic sketch, use the new Zoe paper, and make something new.  By simply adding some shimmer trim, turning the above card on its side and trading out the stars for sequins, I have a different version of the same card.

Here's what I used:

Zoe Paper Pack
Doodled Flair Designs stamp set
Make A Wish stamp set
Pastel Green marker
Tender Pink marker
White Daisy card bases
Coral Shimmer Trim
Black Exclusives ink
Glacier Exclusives ink


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop