Gift Card and Box

This year things were a bit crazy on my husband's birthday.  We both had to work and were very busy.  We decided to wait and celebrate with his birthday dinner until the day after his birthday.  However, I am BIG on doing something on the actual date, so I made this little tag and altered a box to put some treats in for him.  I then had his boss pick it up from me so that it would be waiting when he got to work in the morning.  His day was so crazy that he didn't even have time to open the box or look at the tag so he thought it was from his boss.  Sometimes life just gets TOO BUSY!

For the tag, I used:
Playing card and Rook card
Muse token
The Paper Studio - Black & White Doodle hearts paper
Fancy Pants - My Family paper
Tim Holtz - Playful Journey stamp set
Thickers
3 Girl JAM - Antique White
Archival Black Ink
Paper Trey Inc - Vintage Cream paper
Large Tag from the Paper Company
Celebrate and Happy Birthday stamps*
Wet Wipe *

Now I know that you aren't able to see see the back of the tag which is finished in a completely different way.  Be sure to watch the video to see the back.

*"Technique" alert (and I use the term lightly) - After I finished the video, I decided to stamp "Celebrate" and "Happy Birthday" on the playing cards with Archival black inks.  Now playing cards can be slick and these were.  Before the ink had dried completely, I accidentally smeared it.  UGG!  My tag was all done.  I decided to take a baby wipe and attempt to wipe it all off.  It wiped off the smear mark and the top layer of the ink, leaving behind clearly visible, though faded, stamped images.  Believe it or not, I liked the effect.*



The box is a box that I re-purposed from my local coffee shop.  I used the following supplies:
The Paper Studio - Black & White Doodle hearts paper
Paper Trey Inc - Vintage Cream Cardstock
Tim Holtz - Playful Journey stamp set
Black ribbon (stash)
Pre-made curly ribbon bow
Archival Black Ink


Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to take some time to enjoy the little things today.

Comments

Lisa said…
What an awesome tag and box!! I love the use of the Rook cards!! So creative!! I hope your hubby had a wonderful birthday!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop