Getting Cricky "Choose a Cartridge" Pre-Hop Day 5

Hasn't this week of projects been fun?  Some of the projects I've seen have really inspired me to pull out some of those cartridges I haven't used in a while.  Nate' ABC's is probably at the top of the list.  Everyone has done such a great job.  The stamps from K. Andrew Designs are so versatile.  There have been so many creative pairings of sentiments with cartridges this week!

The stamp set I chose to use on today's card is Food for Thought. You can click on the picture to order this and other stamps from K. Andrew Designs.

I wanted to give a little background for this card.  My daughter has been having some health issues over the last few weeks.  In an attempt to discover what is causing this, we eliminated dairy products from her diet.  Saturday will be the end of the 2 week period and the day that she is able to re-introduce dairy.  It's been a tough 2 weeks.  You never realize how much dairy you eat until you attempt to eliminate it from your diet.  At this point, it doesn't appear that dairy is the problem, but we are going to finish the 2 weeks anyway.  To commemorate the re-introduction of dairy, I made this card for her.  It was so fun and I hope she loves it.

Recipe:
1. All the paper for this card is from my stash of scraps.  The printed papers are all double sided cardstock from K&Company.  I'm not sure which collections they were from since they were scraps.  I cut the green at 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" and scored it down the middle.  The 2 rectangle mats are actually from the same piece of paper, you just see each side this way.  They were each cut at 4 3/4" X 3 1/2".  All the other papers were also scraps from my stash. 
2. Walnut Stain Distress Ink - Used to distress the edges of the papers and mouse and to stamp sentiments.
3. Harvest Orange ribbon from 3 Girl Jam
4. 2" circle punch for the sentiment
5. Cricut Country Life cartridge - the mouse and it's layers were cut at 3 1/2"
6. K. Andrew Design stamps "Food for Thought"
7. Distress tool - Used on the sentiment circle as well as the mat on the inside of the card.
8. Foam tape for the sentiment circle and the mouse
The inside of the card has a tan mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4".  Two more strips were cut from the printed paper.  The first was at 2 1/4" X 4" and the second at 1 1/4" X 4".  The 1 1/4" strip was attached to the larger strip and both adhered about 1/4" from the bottom of the tan mat.  The edges of the mat were distressed with the tool, followed by the Walnut Stain distress ink.  The sentiment was then stamped to the mat.

How about that CANDY?

To receive today's entries, please leave a comment below stating which set of K.Andrew stamps is on your wish list.  Easy!

Comments

CRAZY4 CHRIST said…
This is so cute!! I had to go throught the whole no dairy when I was 12 and it was hard, it did turn out it was dairy causing all my issues so i had to take pills. I hope your daughter can figure out what is going on (could it be gluten?)
Kristan
GCDT-Sister
Lisa said…
I am saying prayers for your daughter, Cheri. This card you made for her is so beautiful!! I love the paper and the mouse is so cute!! She will love it :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com
Rhonda Miller said…
Your card is so great. That little mouse is adorable. I hope you're able to figure out your DDs health issues soon.
Linda Therrien said…
I love that little mouse. I am sure your daughter will love it - especially if you give her the cheese :) - praying you find what is wrong soon.

Linda
Jenscrapstoo said…
Love this mouse and hope your daughter feels better soon :)
Cheers Jennie GCDT - sister

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop