"You Make My Heart Sing" Birthday Card

Today I am going to show you a card that I made for my husband's birthday.  However, by using different stamps and paper, this could be easily used for a Valentine or encouragement card.  This is the first time that I have used the Wild Card cartridge.  I think I need to practice with this one a little more to make sure I have it figured out, but it was fun to use.

I also used Coffee & Tea fro You & Me from K. Andrew Designs.  You can view and purchase these by clicking on the image below.  Remember that these stamps are made in the USA and that at least $1 from each set is donated to charity.  They are so easy to use.  If fact, I masked words from one of these for the sentiment on my envelope, but more on that later.

Let's get started:

Tools:
K. Andrew Designs stamps "Coffee & Tea for You & Me"
Cricut - Wild Card Cartridge - Page 50 "Wave" card and envelope
Martha Stewart Scoreboard
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Faded Jeans
ATG & Xyron 150

Supplies:
Blue card stock from Recollections, "Jewel" pack
Small orange piece of cardstock from my scrap stash
Orange plaid paper from my stash {Provo Craft?}
White gel pen

Instructions:

Using the Wild Card Cartridge, I cut the wave from blue cardstock and the wave envelope from the orange plaid paper.  I also cut the envelope liner from the blue cardstock.  All the cuts were at 5 1/2".  I then scored along the tick marks and adhered across the bottom and sides of the envelope piece to form an envelope.
Using the plain orange cardstock, I then cut my phrase at 5 1/2" and adhered it to the inside of the card using my Xyron 150.

 Using a piece of the leftover plaid paper, I made the orange plaid wave and adhered it to the front of the card using my ATG.  The white pen marks were then added to add interest and detail.

I cut the frame for the front of the envelope twice, once in blue and once in orange.  Using the negative space on the orange frame. I stamped "your" by masking off the "on" from "on your" using the Coffee & Tea for You & Me stamp set.  I also stamped "birthday" from the same set.  Tim Holtz "Faded Jeans" distress ink was a great match for this.  The frame was completed by adding the blue frame around the orange.


 This is a picture of the card inside the envelope.  This was a pretty simple card, once I figured out how the pieces went together.  However, like I said earlier, I need more practice with this cartridge.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day.

Comments

Rhonda Miller said…
What a great card. I love the shape. TFS.

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop