Argh Matey - Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge

Ahoy Mates!  Welcome to Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge.  This week's challenge is to make anything with a pirate/fishy theme.  How can I talk about pirates without mentioning my favorite one?  So I will digress from the crafts for a minute and introduce you to him.

Patch the Pirate has been my favorite pirate since elementary school.  His stories have taught me so many valuable lessons and I have passed these to my children.  They can't remember a time in their lives when his tapes (later cd's) weren't available to listen to.  You can learn more about Patch the Pirate by clicking here.

Now back to this week's challenge - This week I made a card for my nephew whose birthday is coming up in March. I ended up using 3 different stamp sets from K. Andrew Designs.  These stamps are so versatile that its easy to mix the different sets on one card.  Remember that Kristal donates a portion of the proceeds from her stamps to charity.  You can purchase any of the sets that I used today by clicking on the pictures.

To create this card, I also pulled out my Create-a-Critter cartridge and paper from the K & Co Hopscotch collection.  I also pulled some black cardstock from my stash and my black excelsior ink.
The blue/green plaid paper was cut at 11" X 4 1/4" and scored in the middle at 5 1/2".  I then cut a piece of of the rainbow paper at 3" X 4 1/4" followed by a piece of blue paper at 1/2" X 4 1/4".  I used a scrap from my stash for the blue in the octopus and another for his pink cheeks.  He and his accessories were cut at 3".  I used glossy accents to highlight his eyes and mouth.
To finish off the inside, I cute a mat out of blue at 5 1/4" X 4" and a little strip out of paper from the card base.  You may notice the polka dots under the mat.  The paper from K & CO is double sided, so this adds an extra dimension to the project.

Now wouldn't you love to play along?  You can!  Simply click on the K. Andrew Design Blinkie below to go to the blog.  Find the Simply Sunday Challenge and link up your favorite Pirate/ Fish themed project.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out Patch the Pirate!

Comments

Lisa said…
This is so adorable, Cheri!! I love the sweet octopus!! And the papers you used are so fabulous...it almost looks hand painted!! So pretty :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Getting Cricky DT
Rhonda Miller said…
What a great card. I love the octopus. TFS.
CRAZY4 CHRIST said…
Lisa is always thinking what I am thinking, first Amy's post know yours!! The paper really looks like it is watercolour!! Very cute, I am sure he will love it, i will have to check out this pirate you are talking about!!
Kristan
GCDT-Sister
Anita Braddock said…
Supper cool love the hat and its just the right Sentiment love the weaving you did. great job.
thanks for sharing.
Anita GCDT sister
www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com
Charlotte said…
Cher,
This little octopus in the pirate hat is adorable. I just LOVE the beautiful paper you used to creat the card. It is a perfect look for this adorable card.
Charlotte
GTC jrDT
Cheri said…
Anita - thanks for the compliment, but that is paper and not weaving. Isn't it a gorgeous paper collection?
Jenscrapstoo said…
Cheri, This card makes me smile, what a cute octopus!! Love IT!!
Cheers Jennie - GCDT - Sister
Unknown said…
Such a cute octopus! I love his hat. Great card
Heather GC JR DT sister
Amanda said…
How cute!! Love the checkerboard bg on the top!! great job!!!
TYFS :)


Amanda
Getting Cricky JrDt
cricktncrafts.blogspot.com
Aim said…
Yo Ho Ho, Matey!! Well, blow me down!! Your card is a treasure worthy of a pile of doubloons!! Ya certainly won't be feedin' the fish when ya have creativity like this!!

Thanks for sharing your pirate talent with the landlubbers and buccaneers alike!! :)

Your DT Sister,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop