Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Sewing Journal - Getting Cricky Featured Blogger Thursday

I am so excited that Kristal from "Getting Cricky with K. Andrew" asked me to be a featured blogger.  Thanks so much for the opportunity.  I decided to make a video as it is far easier for this project.  I ended up splitting it into 2 videos due to the length.  Please don't be intimidated.  In these 2 videos, I take you through the entire process of making a journal - from start to finish.  It is a fun and rewarding project.

Part 1

Part 2
Now for some blog candy.  To qualify, become a follower of my blog: www.djssundries.blogspot.com.  Then leave a comment stating how you would use a journal.
The winner will receive a blank composition book, a piece of sticky back canvas, a set of tags from K & Company, and journal spots from Basic Grey.  You will also receive ribbons, lace, and trims matching the ones in the featured journal, a stick pen, Tim Holtz muse charm, and 2 eyelets, and a set of the die cuts used in the journal.  I will draw a winner on October 21, 2011.  Thanks for watching and have a great day!

8 comments:

CRAZY4CHRIST said...

This is very pretty! I would use the journal to keep track of all my bloggy stuff(blog contests,hops and posts i need to write up) thanks for the chance to win!! Congrats on being a featured blogger over at Kristal's!!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Sue D said...

Congrats on being a featured blogger. Beautiful journal and excellent video. I would use this type of journal to document special sewing projects. Garden plans and prayer requests are other ways I use journals.
I became a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

scrapinmamaof2 said...

What a great project and thank you for making the tutorial so we know how to make it! I love making those journals. I have made them for my kids birthdays and for their friends and mine. They make a cute gift. Plus I love journaling. It is a great place for my thoughts! Congrats on the guest designer spot! Very well done.

Pendra said...

Lovely journal... and I just loved the tutorial video! I would love to make a journal like this for up and coming quilts I want to make, keeping track of little fabric squares as I buy the fabrics. Thanks for sharing! I am your follower! Visit me too!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra
pendrasplace.blogspot.com

lenroa springer said...

Cheri thank you so much for showing each step on making this journal. I love to jounal. Being a farmers wife I keep a record of everyday activities on the farm. Also I own my own crafters shop and I like to keep a record of how the Lord works everyday in my susiness. Lord bless you in your work Cheri.

Marcia Rice said...

This is so great Cheri, and I am thankful to be able to see what you are up to now! It is so interesting to see your instructive video's, and my mind keeps "thinkin:)" about what I could do! Thanks!

Deborah O'Neill said...

Cute project! I would use a journal to keep a "prayer journal" or to write town favorite verses! As always, love your craftiness! ;)

PenClapp said...

This comment is late, but I will post it anyway! I have recently started quilting and was looking for a way to journalo all of my projects. This is perfect Cheri! Thanks for the idea!