Fall Treat Can

Tonight I wanted to make a little treat box for my favorite person.  I purchased this paint can at a craft store and then altered it using K. Andrew Designs "Fall-o-Ween" and "Amazing You" stamp sets.  If you have never seen these stamps, visit the blog, Getting Cricky and look at the great stamp sets.  A portion of the proceeds is donated to charity and they are super stamps!

Lets get started on the project.

Supplies:
Paint can
Striped paper  (from my stash)
Scraps of paper in different colors and patterns
Cream colored cardstock for sentiment (scrap from my stash)
Gold Colored cardstock for lid cover (scrap from my stash)
Distress Ink (I used the seasonal set - ripe persimmon, seedless preserves, gathered twigs)
Adhesive
Ribbon (from my local Walmart)
Twine (Cappuccino from The Twinery)
Treat to fill container

Tools:
Cricut cartridge - Designer's Calendar
Ranger craft mat
5/8" Circle punch
Corner rounder, paper trimmer, scissors
Stamps - "Fall-O-Ween" and "Amazing You" from K. Andrew Design
Acrylic stamp grids

Instructions:
To begin with, I removed the handle from the can to make it easier to work with.  Cut background paper to fit your can.  Mine was cut at 4 3/4" by 12".  That did not quite cover the can, but the open part was covered with extra leaves.  You could also cut 2 pieces and overlap them, but that was not necessary for this project.  Cut out the holes for the areas around the handle using the 5/8" circle punch.  Using the Designer Calendar Cricut cartridge,  cut both the maple and oak leaves from a variety of papers.  I cut them in sizes ranging from 1" to 1 3/4".  Adhere background paper to the can.
Sentiment - Cut a piece of cream colored cardstock to measure 3" X 1 3/4" and round the corners.  Using Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink, stamp the words "a little" and "for you" from the "Fall-O-Ween" stamp set.  To do this, I placed them on the acrylic grid along with the word "sweet" to be able to get the correct spacing.  I then removed the "sweet" (Fall-O-Ween) and stamped the other words.  I used the heart from "Amazing You" and inked it with the Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink.  I then stamped it off onto the craft mat 2 times to remove some of the excess ink, providing a lighter image.  Stamp it between the other words, where the word "sweet" will be stamped.  Stamp the "sweet" using the Seedless Preserves Distress Ink.  Ink around the edges of the sentiment block with all 3 colors of Distress Ink.
Distress all the leaves with the Seasonal Distress Ink set and adhere randomly on the can.  This is a great time to practice different distress techniques on your leaves.  I had a lot of fun playing with them for different effects.

For the lid of the can, I traced its shape onto a piece of gold colored cardstock, cut it, and adhered it to the top of the can.  I then took a maple leaf cut at 2 1/2" and wrote my husband's name on it.  It was also distressed around the edges.  I then tied a small bow with Cappuccino twine on its stem and adhered it to the lid with mini glue dots.
 To finish off the can, I tied an orange bow to the handle and filled it with dark chocolate kisses.

Comments

CRAZY4 CHRIST said…
This is so pretty, great job with altering the can!! I hope you applied for Kristal's DT you would make a great addition to her team!!
Kristan
Deborah O'Neill said…
Very nice! Love the colors :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop