Mini Message Boards

Good morning.  I hope you are having a wonderful day and enjoyed a good weekend.  I was so inspired by Scrappin' Abby's Memo Board last week that I wanted to make some of my own.  I decided to use some great 3 Girl JAM ribbon to make them just my style.


The new Flair and Flower Bundle were just what I needed to make my little boards.  All I had to do was add some extra ribbon from the new Tie Dye 1 and Tie Dye 2 bundles to make them perfect for my treasures.


I started out by purchasing some cork tiles from my local Joann's store.  These were 12 inch tiles, but I wanted circles.


So I set up the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut a circle to use as a pattern.  Using fit-to-page, I was able to create a pattern to use to cut my circles.  I then took some muslin to cover the cork by using hot glue to adhere it to the back.  Next came the fabulous flower ribbon for decoration and a hanger.  I decided to do each one a little differently for more variety.


Using ribbon from each Tie Dye bundle, I made little bows to adhere to the front.  Flair finished off the center of each bow perfectly.  If you look close, you can see that I used Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, and Dusty Concord Distress Inks around the outer edges to add a little punch of color.  Each one was finished by adding a piece of card stock to the back of each to hide all the fabric and ribbon edges.


I now have the perfect place to add my treasures using my collection of stick pins.  This was actually a pretty simple project and I can't wait to get them all hung and filled.

How about a video?


Have you checked out the 3 Girl JAM store?  If not, you definitely should.  If you use the code "CP10", you can even get a discount.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Georgiana said…
Neat message board. Everyone could find a use for these.

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Distressed Roses Birthday Card

Hot Chocolate for a Crowd