Green and Yellow Encouragement Card and Notebook

Do you know what time it is?  It's time for a brand new Challenge on the 3 Girl JAM Challenge blog and we really hope you will play along.  March is one of my favorite months of the year.  It is the month of both of my children's births as well as mine.  It is also the month where I feel like new beginnings are starting after the long, cold months of winter.  This month's challenge celebrates that by encouraging you to use gorgeous colors - yellow, green, and orange.  Does anything celebrate the beginning of new life better than a daffodil as it peeks it's yellow head bravely through the snow?  How about those first sprigs of green grass or orange wildflowers?  You can choose any combination of the 3 colors and add some ribbon for this challenge.

For my projects I used green and yellow.  Goblin Green and Sunflower 3 Girl JAM ribbon worked perfectly to make them really pop.  If you would like some of your own ribbon, click on the name of each color to go directly to the sight.  If you use the code 'CP10', you will even receive an extra discount!

My grandmother recently had surgery so I wanted to send this card to cheer her up.  I used the following supplies to make it all come together:
3 Girl JAM "Sunflower" crinkle ribbon
DCWV Lemon Flower and Neutral matstacks
Prima flowers
brad
"The future" stamp set from Sweet & Sassy
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Frayed Burlap Distress Marker
Cricut - CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge
Recollections "Spice Market" paper packet (green)
The mat design was achieved by using the embossing technique mentioned in the last post.

I then decided to alter a mini notebook for her.  I used the same paper packs and Sunflower ribbon as well as the Goblin Green ribbon on this one.  A fun fabric flower from Recollections added a special touch.  I think my grandma is going to love it!


Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.


Comments

Donna K said…
Sweet, springy notepad and card, Cheri! Your sentiment is lovely and that fabric flower on the note pad is so pretty along with the ribbon bow.
Lisa said…
These are so fabulous!! I love the pretty flowers!! The quote on the card is so beautiful!! I hope your grandmother is feeling much better. Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop