Summertime Mini Canvas


Today's project is full of little things to enjoy - a canvas, kite, chevron, and sun.  I get so busy with life that I forget to enjoy these little things.  How about you?  When was the last time that you reveled in the feel of the sun on your face or watched a kite float through the sky?  If you're like me, it's been too long.  This tiny project was a lot of fun to make, despite being a bit challenging.  I recently participated in a Mini Canvas swap at Art & Sassy.  Though the concept was clear in my head, I had a difficult time translating that to canvas.  It all worked out and I must say that this Sunflower crinkle ribbon from 3 Girl JAM truly finished it off.  It just didn't look right until I made the little sun.


Here's what I used to make my mini canvas:
3 Girl JAM - Sunflower crinkle ribbon
2"X4" Artist Loft canvas
Artist Loft  modeling paste
Gesso
October Afternoon "Kite Tails" stamp set
Shrinky Dink Kites (made from Shinky Dinks, Kite Tails, Stazon black ink, and Prisma Colored Pencils)
Heidi Swapp Chevron stencil
Broken China Distress Stain
Memento - London Fog
Versamark ink
Clear embossing powder
Yellow stickles
Michael's bling
Scor- Tape
E6000
5/8" circle punch


Don't forget Thursday is the last day for the 3 Girl JAM "Anything Goes with Ribbon" challenge.  Be sure to link up your project and to check back on Friday for a brand new challenge.  In the meantime...

Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things today.

Comments

Lisa said…
They are gorgeous!! I love how you used the ribbon!! What fabulous canvases my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop