New Crafty Fun

Hello.  I trust that your new year is off to a great start.  My husband and I spent New Year's Day celebrating our 23rd anniversary.  It was so nice to just spend some time together.  We are now getting back into our routine.  The Christmas boxes are packed away and order is coming to our home.

I love being in my craft room and creating special treats for others (and a few for myself).  As much as I enjoy it however, I don't like spending my evening separated from my husband who is generally in another part of the house.  With that in mind, I decided to try crocheting again.  Now this is not a new craft for me.  When I was a youngster in 4H, I had a wonderful crochet teacher.  She was so fun to be with and she was excellent at crocheting.  Unfortunately, it is one of the many things that has been pushed aside in the last few years.  Now is the time to pick it back up.  I can be creative and be with my husband at the same time.


Red Heart Sashay yarn is so pretty and makes wonderful scarves.  Joann's had it on sale this week and I grabbed some. I then went to YouTube and found a scarf tutorial.  There are many different ones to choose from.  There are even some for knitters.  I love that I can sit down and have a finished project in less than 2 hours!


I made the green one to dress up a chevron maxi skirt that I wear with a black long sleeved shirt.  I made the purple one just because I love purple.  Do I really need another reason?

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop