Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sketch Inspired Birthday Cards

Good morning.  I hope you are having an amazing day.  I can't tell you how good it felt to get in the craft room.  I haven't had any crafting time in 2 weeks.  I didn't even have much time to spend, but it was oh-so-wonderful!  Unfortunately, since I didn't have much time and I have so many cards to make, I needed a plan and it needed to be quick and easy.  Ever have those days?  This is the perfect time to grab a sketch.  My sketch came from Operation Write Home, but you can find free sketches all over the internet.  With sketch in hand, a couple of pads of paper, and some scrumptious 3 Girl JAM crinkle ribbon, I was ready to go.


You can click on the sketch to find out about this great organization and to see the challenge that's going on.  I plan to enter these cards!


Here's what I used:
Cherry Lipstick crinkle ribbon
Echo Park's  "This & That - Graceful" and "This & That - Charming" 6X6 collections
TPC Studio - Happy Birthday Stamp
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Paper Trey Ink - "Vintage Cream" cardstock for the base
Fiskars - Scalloped Sentiment border punch

Did I mention that I have a LOT of cards to make?  March is a busy birthday month for our family and there are going to be quite a few belated cards in that mix.  I decided to make a masculine version of this same card using Goblin Green ribbon and some mustache bling from The Paper Studio.  The same stamp set was used, though it is in a different font.

Don't forget that there is a "Green with Ribbon" challenge going on over on the challenge blog.  My second card definitely fits this challenge, so I think that I will just link up.  Better hurry though, because this challenge ends soon.  Be sure to click here to enter.

Interested in a video?  Click below for the full instructions on creating this card.


I also recently posted a video on a paper haul that I haven't had time to link here.  I found some great 6X6 paper pads that you might be interested in.


Thanks for stopping by.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" challenge.  You can find more information by clicking here.

7 comments:

JulieK said...

Beautiful cards Cheri. I love the mustache one! :)

JulieK

jessica said...

adorable cards Cheri!!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Easter!!!

Linda said...

Great cards...the base paper on the first is yummy...but I think my fave is the second with the stash! tfs!!!

Jovan said...

These are super CUTE!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun cards! Carri~Abusybee

Jingle said...

These are great! Love the mustache! So fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Creative M said...

very BEAUTIFUL!!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥