Thank You 4X4 Cards

 **Heavy Photo Alert**

This post if full of photos instead of product lists and a video.  I was so inspired by Tim Holtz' Alcohol Ink Demo that I pulled out the alcohol inks and started playing.  After trying several techniques and color combinations, I made these pretty little thank you notes. Do you have a thankful heart?  There are so many around us who do little things to encourage us.  I am striving to have little notes on hand to say thank you and these fit the bill perfectly.

To begin, I grabbed some Yupo paper, alchohol inks, rubbing alcohol, bubble wrap and blending solution.

Poppyseed, Botanical, Denim, Honeycomb, Terra Cotta

Purple Twilight, Denim, Indigo

Sunset Orange, Terra Cotta, Honeycomb



After adding the inks, I laid the bubble wrap over the top and then weighted them down to dry with items from around the craft room.  Well, I at least THOUGHT they were dry, but when I pulled the bubble wrap away, the inks began moving back together.  That's okay though, because we weren't done.


Since the backgrounds weren't quite what I wanted, I added more rubbing alcohol  (and perhaps some blending solution - but I can't remember), and let the inks move and play together.


While the backgrounds may look like a hot mess to start with, once they are cut down, you can do so much with them.  Keep scrolling...

Nuvo Crystal Gems, Archival Jet Black Ink, Stamp Market "Bear Hugs" stamp set and Tim Holtz Sizzix Hexagon die set  were all grabbed from my stash along with some CTMH White Daisy and other colored cardstock.  


Deciding which section of backgrounds I liked the best, I cut them into approximately 3 3/4" squares.  I then added them to 4X4" card bases, stamped the sentiment inside matted hexagons and added some gems with Gina K Connect glue. 



Viola!  Happy little notes.  This was such a fun process and one that I hope you try out soon.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop