Happy Times Blog Hop


Welcome to the Damask Divas "Happy Times" blog hop.  I'm so happy to have you join us today.  If you are coming from Mandy's blog, you're in the right place.  I hope you will hop through each stop to see some great goodies from the team.  Guess what?  You can get your own packet of Happy Times for absolutely free by clicking here - Cheri's Close To My Heart Independent OBA and purchasing $60 of products.  If however, that is a bit out of reach, you can also purchase the packet by itself by clicking here.

In celebration of National Scrapbooking Month, I want to stop for a second and talk about memory keeping. We all love to look at the elaborate scrapbooking pages we see all over the internet.  Sometimes, we might even enjoy making our own.  Though it may come as a surprise to you, there are some of us who don't enjoy spending time crafting.  Other times, we are realistic enough to know that if we wait to write things down until we have time to make those beautiful pages, we will likely forget all that we want to journal.  Later in the month, I will share some ideas to help take some of that pressure off, but today I want to share how I will keep my "memory" in place over the next few months.

I have a new Foxy Traveler's Notebook that I absolutely love.  (Enabler alert... Foxy is on sale for 20% off until May 1st).  I plan to expand the uses of this beautiful lady with time, but for right now, I am using it as a vacation journal.  I'll show you the finished layout in a few days, but our focus for today is how I used this gorgeous paper pack to make her inside as beautiful as her outside.

To start with I purchased some Midori inserts.  For this project I used the 003, 014 and 020 inserts.  Then I started using Happy Times to make them pretty.  Simply measure, cut and adhere.  How simple can you get?
This reversible piece of paper was perfect for the Kraft pocket folder.  I think I'll be making my own pocket folders in the future, but really wanted to see the how Midori's would work.
And oh that gold...  As I mention in the video (below), I am not a gold girl, but this one is gorgeous.  The stickers are from an old Close To My Heart My Crush pack that is no longer available.
Ready for a dashboard?  I purchased a fuse tool and made my own with an old 8.5X11 sheet protector.  I added a few sequins from an old pack from Walmart and use some stickers from MAMBI.  The insert on the front is removable so that I can put Picture My Life Cards or make my own.
The insert on the right is permanent and just a sheet of paper fused into it.  I plan to put a photo of my kids on the backside of the front insert when I take a new one from my daughter's graduation.

So now I'm ready to start using Foxy memory keeping.  Won't you join me on the journey?  Check back soon for some tips on how to incorporate memory keeping in even the busiest of times.


Here's the line-up so you can keep hopping:
Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

scrapBugz said…
Super awesome project.

MandyB

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop