Altered Mini Frames


How about an altered art project?  I like learning new things and playing with new items, so I decided to grab some of those inexpensive frames you see at Michael's Crafts.  I picked up 2 of them and started playing.  You can find a complete description in the video below.  I will tell you that it took a bit of Gesso and paint smudged with a little ink to completely alter these little beauties.  They started out black and white.


Supplies:
Frames from Michaels
Stamps - "Everlasting Life", "Artiste" stamp bundle, and a mini perks stamp - Close To My Heart (CTMH)
Pink chiffon pearl paint from Folk Art
Apple Barrel Gloss paint - light blue
Goldrush, Indian Corn Blue, Slate ink from CTMH
Flowers - Recollections and purple flowers from unknown source
Lace pieces from my stash
Stick pin
Glass effects - CTMH
Georgia Pacific white cardstock

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Donna K said…
These are so darling, Cheri! I have several frames that I should give a maker over like this to…beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration (nudge) Hope you have a creative day today! ~Donna K

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop