Thankful Beyond Measure

I trust you are having a great Thursday.  I'm so happy to be with you today.  Do you ever have those times when you just want to let someone know that you are thankful for them?  I know I do.  Recently a co-worker asked me if I had an extra thank you card for just such a person and I knew that I needed to make one that was extra special.  Needing room for multiple people to sign and leave a message, I decided that I would make a 5X7 card.  I grabbed some paper, some embellishments, and a few other items and went to work.  Of course any special card is made more special with 3 Girl JAM ribbon so I also grabbed some Witch's Brew and Antique White.


Now I must tell you that there is a NEW COLOR of 3 Girl JAM ribbon that will be coming soon that would have been even more perfect for this card.  I admit that I seriously considered sneaking it in here, but I behaved.  Curious?  You will all have to wait just a few more days.  Let me tell you, it will be worth the wait.

Of course a card is not made from ribbon alone so I should probably let you know some of the other things I used:
Paper Trey Ink - Vintage Cream cardstock, "Counting my blessings" die and stamp set
Basic Grey - PB&J 6X6 paper pad and "Marjolaine" woolies
Close to My Heart - Outdoor Denim ink
Want 2 Scrap - bling
Adhesives - foam and tape runners



Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

I am linking this up to the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamps - Anything Goes
CardzTV - Cute as a Button
Scrappy Mom's Stamps - Use a Flower

Comments

Migdalia said…
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!GORGEOUS ribbon!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
So very pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

- Mel

PS - I just wanted to let you know I corrected your link (it was directing back to the Scrappy Moms site) so that others can come take a peek at your cute card. (Just in case you noticed your entry has a different number) :)
Valerie said…
Such a lovely card Cheri! So classy and elegant. I am curious...what kind of foam adhesive did you use for the "thankful" die cut? Was it individual pre-cut foam or the kind you have to cut your self? I LOVE to use foam tape and add dimension to ALL my projects, however, with those intricate cuts, I really struggle. I usually use the kind on a roll. Actually, it is a huge "honkin'" roll! You would not believe it if you saw it. The roll, if it were on the floor would come up to my waist. No kidding!
Blessings,
Valerie
BTW...How is your MIL doing? I have been praying for peace and comfort as well as pain management.
Cheri said…
Thank you ladies. Mel - thanks so much for correcting my link. Too many hours and not enough sleep can mess you up!

Val,
Mom is still with us, which is a bit of a surprise. Pain management has been a bit challenging. Thanks so much for your prayers.

As for the foam, I use rolls as well some of the time. However, I keep the little squares around. The ones I used were 1/4" ones that I cut in half. I believe they are from Recollections. Hope that helps.
Lisa said…
This is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful design and the colors!! Absolutely fabulous!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Georgiana said…
Very pretty. Love the colors you used along with the two ribbons.
Melissa Bove said…
Beautiful card!! Love the design and the pretty colors!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa
mum of two said…
What a fabulous creation! I love the ribbon. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Cardz TV Stamps. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
Purple Monkey Moments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop