Sunday in the Word: His Mercy Endures Forever

I recently read through the Psalms as part of my daily devotions.  As I was nearing the end of the book, I came to Psalm 136.  It was such a blessing and it took me back more than 20 years ago when this passage came to me at a very vulnerable time.  Shortly after  finding out that I was pregnant with our second child, I began having signs that I was having a miscarriage.  Losing that precious baby was difficult, but my God was bigger.  He had just the words for me when I needed them the most: "His mercy endures forever".  No matter what, He is bigger than my problems.  He is bigger than my pain and His mercy endures forever.

Do I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if that baby had been born?  Sometimes, but not often.  I know that I will see that precious one someday. In my heart she was a girl we have named Brittany.  His mercy has endured and will continue to do so.  Since I that day so long ago, I have specifically sought out this passage to bask in God's promises to me.  How about you?  Is there a specific place in God's Word where you seek solace?  If not, seek God's face and find it.


This layout was quite simple actually.  I pulled an old Stamp of the Month set from Close To My Heart, a pewter ink pad, some colored pictures and went to work.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop