A New Space - A New Focus

WOW!  You would not believe the changes around here.  In fact, I have a craft space!!!! 
I should add that I have been able to use this space since early in September.  If you look at the last post, I mentioned a gift from my husband.  Well, it was a great gift - the gift of organization.  We had a professional organizer come in and help me get the space usable.  Let me back up a bit.
When we moved to our new home, life was so busy.  In addition to the normal stuff of getting into a new home, I also was very busy with work.  Nearly a year later I still had several boxes to unpack in the craft room and I didn't have the energy to do it.  That's where the organizer came in.
I will start by saying that the experience was completely different than what I thought it would be.  That's not a bad thing.  In fact, I think that is part of the reason that I didn't have the energy to get the space ready.  I was so worried about having everything "perfect" and make it easy to use that I focused on the little things and not the big picture.
Woah!  I know that I always say to "enjoy the little things".  That is so important in life.  However, when organizing a craft space, its very important to get it put away, not worry where every little embellishment is going to go.
When we started with getting things grouped together and put away, everything became usable within just a few hours.  In fact, the organizer was only here 5 hours and when she left, I was free to spend time in my space.
Now that all the big stuff is put away, I have been able to really focus on the more minute details.  Little things like making sure that the adhesives, ribbons and embellishments are easier to find.  Even the paper is better organized and usable.
My craft room experience is a lot like life.  I get so focused in the little details, that I forget to take a step back and look at the big picture.  I don't see what is going on around me.  That's not enjoying the little things.  That's getting caught up in the details and MISSING the little things as well as the big things.  Just like my craft room, I too need a little work.  I'm thankful for a good Father who is still working on me.  He's changing me from that ugly old caterpillar into the butterfly He wants me to be. He's also changing my focus.  How about you?  Are you letting God change you into what he wants you to be?  If not, it's not too late to start!

How about a video?  If you haven't already seen it on YouTube, you may find it enjoyable.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop